

I've been to Heaven, and it is the Scottish Highlands.
Everything was lush and green, and the huge, rolling hills and vast moors were covered with trees and purple heather. We stopped in quaint little towns, fed a "hairycoo," or Highland cow, and took a boat tour around Loch Ness. Beautiful doesn't quite seem to capture it.
Someday, I plan to come back and hike through the Highlands. Our (very funny and informative) tour guide said people hike for several days, staying in B&Bs or camping. I am so there.
Thanks for all the comments - I look forward to them each day!

7 comments:
Nicole - we are all thoroughly enjoying your daily blog! i set myself up at my desk with my iced tea and it's the first thing i do every day! you are just the best narrator and make me feel as though i'm right there in your "napsack"!
it's been a rainy week in K.C., but not like you have experienced - have a wonderful time and keep on blogging! - Julie Denney
Nic-o-lini:
Your trip sounds fantastic! With your narrations, I can almost picture you walking along the routes as you describe your trip. Glad to know you're having a great time! Be safe!!
Margo
Nicole - we are all thoroughly enjoying your blog! I prop myself up at my desk with my iced tea and plug into your vacation and have a ball! You are the best narrator-making me feel as if i am right there in your "napsack"!
K.C. is having a bit of rain this week, but nothing like what you have experienced - what a trooper you are! Have a great trip and keep on blogging! - Julie Denney
OK - I did it. I decided that with 2 more days of work, I was going to create a Google account so that I could comment to your blog! What are they going to do - fire me?? I have thoroughly enjoyed your journal & felt as though I have been traveling with you. I won't be here for your 3rd week, but I'll try to find someone who has kept up. I will miss you and your daily "Nicolisms". You've always been "grownup", but it's been a pleasure to watch you blossom and now a Director! Enough! Enjoy your travels & I will see you soon.
Hi Nicole!
I am so glad that you are enjoying the rest of your trip, even if it has been a bit damp! (oh dear-did you find a jacket? You know how I feel about you going out without a jacket!) I think half your tops were hiding under my quilt, so I will send them off with everything else. I love you and miss you so much again already!
Love, A-d-ren
Nicole,
I am happy that you are having a wonderful time on your trip. Each day I look forward to reading "The New Adventures in the Life of Nicole"! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I can't wait to see the pictures and hear more about your trip.
Until later, take care!
Hola Nicole! So much fun to experience parts of your trip with you! I say "parts" b/c I know there are lots of stories you'll have up your sleeve when you return!
My one request - you take some pictures of YOU in some of these fantastic places! Be safe and enjoy!
XO, Jami
Post a Comment