Well, my Canadian friend from the hostel checked out yesterday morning, and when I got back to my room, there were three adorable 16-year-old girls from Mexico there. They brought out the maternal instinct in me - I was worried about them touring England (for a month!) alone.
I checked out and left Edinburgh this morning (I plan to return someday, so I figured I'd stick to my schedule). The train to London took four and a half hours, and the trip went off without a hitch - no floods, no frantic people, just a nice, uneventful ride.
I figured out how to get to my hostel on the Tube, and checked in to discover that I'm in a 10-girl dorm and I have an assigned bed - right by the door! I'm going to see what I can do to switch, or this will be a very long week.
I did a little bit of exploration - went to the tourist info center to get a good map and figured out where the "tkts" booth was so I can get cheap theater tickets.
Then, as you might have noticed, I discovered that my hostel's computer will allow me to upload pictures, so I spent more than my fair share of time on the computer. Check them out!
PS: I didn't realize you would have to sign up for something to comment - thanks to those who did! If you'd rather not, I'm still checking my email . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nic -
Loving your blog! I read it every morning to start my day...then I burn with jealousy for the rest of the day as I imagine you traipsing over the English country side....sigh...I can't wait to hear full details of your adventures when you get back.
Post a Comment