Barack Obama Rally, October 18:
The next president of the United States came to KC yesterday, so of course I had to be there at the Liberty Memorial to see him. I went with several knitting friends, and we knitted during the few hours we spent waiting for him to arrive. This was a source of great amusement to the people around us.
His speech was similar to everything I've heard in the debates and on the news, but it was still exhilarating to see him in person (again).
See all my Barack Obama pictures
Yarn Harlot, October 13:
Almost as cool as seeing the future POTUS was seeing the Yarn Harlot, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. This queen of knitting humor and award-winning blogger came through KC on her book tour, much to the great glee of the KC knitting community. If you aren't a knitter and don't follow her blog, this won't mean much to you, but she included me and my first sock in her post about coming to Kansas City! If you are a knitter and you do know the Harlot, you know that this is a truly momentous occasion.
Check it out.
This picture of the Yarn Harlot and me was taken by my friend Becky, who I met on Ravelry:

Farm Tour with Jami, October 4:
Jami had the brilliant idea for us to participate in the Kaw Valley Farm Tour, which included dozens of local farms near Tonganoxie, Lawrence and Baldwin City, Kansas. We picked five farms, where we saw goats, pumpkins, bees, alpacas (my favorite part!), chickens and more goats. It was a beautiful day, and it was so great to spend it with Jami.
See all my farm tour photos.
Michelle Obama, October 1:
I saw the future first lady at 18th and Vine with Lindsay, Karrin's friend from work. I couldn't see her from where we stood in the crowd, but I kept putting my camera in the air, taking a picture, pulling it back down and zooming in on the picture to see what was going on.
See all my Michelle Obama photos.
Karrin at the American Royal, September 27:
Karrin and her horse, Valerie Bey, competed at the American Royal horse show, although they did not compete together. I was hoping to see Karrin ride, but I missed her event due to the vague schedule. However, she was more excited to see her horse compete, so it was nice to be there for that.
See all my horse show photos.

2 comments:
Hey, we did compete together later in the show. You just didn't get to see it. Sorry about those darned horse show schedules. They are certainly vague! Thanks for posting the pics. I am going to share!
Oh, and this weekend I discovered that Valarie Bey can do flying lead changes. No one taught her or me - she's just really good!
Luv,
K
Hey I didn't know you knitted! Fun. I can knit a scarf and I can cheat on the Jiffy-Knitter and make a hat! Looks like fun. I've been meaning to call you since I'm a horrible pedicure procrastinator! I'd been saving for a new lens for my camera for my birthday and so was extremely cheap at the time my birthday rolled around and then-wow-time flew by so fast! I will talk to you soon and we can make future plans. My toes are definitely in sorry shape.
Post a Comment