Sera was in town overnight, and in less than 24 hours, I dragged my poor pregnant friend to the PHHS vs. PH South football game and to a political rally for Claire McCaskill featuring Barack Obama. At least we went to her favorite restaurant, GoJo's. I'm hoping next time she's in KC I'll be able to convince her to branch out and try another restaurant! As to the rally, it was a rock star moment when Barack Obama came out on the Uptown's stage. He got me fired up enough to submit to putting my name on their volunteer list, even though I know it will mean a bunch of phone calls and emails that I don't want. Ran into lots of people there, which was nice, because it means I know a lot of people with good values!! Randy and I tried to get down to actually shake his hand, but he was too far away. I even brought my copy of his book in the vain hope that I would get a chance to ask him to sign it. Alas.

This pic is from the Star.
No comments:
Post a Comment