Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tri, Tri Again

I've been working out very faithfully. I've worked out six days of every week, just like the books told me to. I've been swimming, biking and running (although the running is still mostly walking).

I was feeling very proud of myself until today.

Today I went to the triathlon workshop for first-timers that the race planners put on. The guy (first problem - a guy at a workshop for women) proceeded to scare the crap out of us.

He started with common fears: "So you might be concerned that you will drown."

Here's what I thought he would say next: "Don't worry - you won't!"

Here's what he really said: "I watched a man drown in a triathlon once. I watched his kids look at his purple body. So take care of yourself and don't let that happen to you."

Seriously?????

He turned out to be a lawyer. Figures.

Then I went home and went for a bike ride. Of the last four times I've been on a bike, I fell off all four times. This time I came away with road rash to add to the bruises from the last three falls. And it stings (both my leg and my pride).

I'm feeling incredibly discouraged right now and close to tears. But don't worry, I will get back on the bike. And in the pool. And on the road.

1 comment:

Angi said...

Oh Sweetie! I'm feeling for you! I wimped out on my sprint marathon, so I'm not much inspiration. All I can say is-I'm pulling for you (and praying for you too:) I certainly don't want you to drown!)