Sunday, July 01, 2007

Serendipity





I keep ending up in the right place at the right time.

Today, after spending the morning at the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, I wandered down to Shakespeare's Globe theater and then walked across the Millenium pedestrian bridge over the Thames. As I emerged on the other side, I realized the big, domed building ahead of me was St. Paul's cathedral. Since it was Sunday, the cathedral was closed to sightseers, but just as I was arriving there, they were seating people for the evensong service, and I got to enjoy the beatiful singing of their men and boys' choir echoing from the dome of the hugest, most elegantly and extravagently decorated church I have ever seen. Pictures were not allowed inside, so I can only show you the outside.

I wandered into Covent Garden next, and saw some very talented street performers and interesting arts and crafts. It was another full day of wandering, and now I'm ready to collapse in a heap. I'm going to go into my cupboard under the stairs and watch the Concert for Diana - I'm missing Kanye West right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicole! I was hoping you'd fanangle a ticket to the Diana concert. Boy, when I saw "I keep being in right place at the right time" I was expecting to read how you met one of the princes! But I guess listening to singing in a beautiful cathedral almost ranks up there with becoming the next princess of England. . .

. . . and so you returned to your cupboard under the stairs and watched ball from there. Sounds like a fairy tale. Did you happen to lose a shoe anywhere?

I kid I kid! You know I am anti royalist. I would never ever bow or curtsey or even say "your majesty" to any supposed "royal" person. (Although I would love the perks of being friends with a princess. I might even call you Princess Nicole if you really asked me nicely.)

Brad and I were able to spend some quality time with Fluffy yesterday. I lured her out with the Greenies treats and once she decided we were okay, we got lots of kitty rubs on our legs and nearly petted all her hair off. Actually, she's a hair factory, and she kept making more hair. . .

Be safe on your trip home. As you know, security is tiii--hight right now. Don' miss your plane!

Love,

Karrin