
The plane ride was long, but relatively painless. In fact, I got lucky and the seat next to me remained unoccupied, so I was able to curl up in both seats and try to get a little sleep. Once I got to London, I found the trains, and thanks to friendly people I met on the train, I made it to Bath with a minimum of confusion.
Aunt Barb gave me a book about Jane Austen's time in Bath, and I read it on my way here. Now that I'm actually here, things have more meaning. Just like it said in the book, the first view of Bath is pretty spectacular, with all the Georgian limestone architecture.
I went and toured the Roman Baths, which were very cool (or "brilliant," as everyone says here). I would upload the photos, but this computer won't let me. Check back later in the week when I get to my sister's place - I'll post the photos then.
My bunk mate in the hostel lives in London, and she has asked me to hang out this evening, so I'm already making friends.
Aunt Barb gave me a book about Jane Austen's time in Bath, and I read it on my way here. Now that I'm actually here, things have more meaning. Just like it said in the book, the first view of Bath is pretty spectacular, with all the Georgian limestone architecture.
I went and toured the Roman Baths, which were very cool (or "brilliant," as everyone says here). I would upload the photos, but this computer won't let me. Check back later in the week when I get to my sister's place - I'll post the photos then.
My bunk mate in the hostel lives in London, and she has asked me to hang out this evening, so I'm already making friends.

1 comment:
Congrats on a restful flight and finding Bath. The Romans used lead pipes - considered hi-tech in those days. I'm sure you will have fun there. Enjoy some Stout!
Dad
Post a Comment