Monday, August 31, 2009

Best. Summer. Ever.

This summer rocked. Big-time.

First, I went to Breckenridge, Colorado, with two friends from my knitting group. Yes, we did a lot of knitting. But we also rode our bikes, hiked on a mountain, ran into a Bachelor (with a capital B - he was on "The Bachelorette") and saw a real-live bear!



Breckenridge photos on Facebook

Then I went to San Francisco for NSPRA. This was my first NSPRA seminar as a member of the board, and although it was a lot more work than a normal seminar, it ranked up there with my favorite seminars ever. There was one fly in the ointment, however - I missed my friends that couldn't attend due to school budget cuts. This picture is me with several previous South Central VPs, all of whom have been mentors to me. A very special moment.



Of course I had to take advantage of the location of the seminar, so I took a vacation day while I was there to do a little sight-seeing - some alone and some with good friends.




NSPRA and San Francisco photos on Facebook


Dad and Judith threw their annual Fourth-of-July party at the lake, where Uncle Dick upheld tradition by blowing up more huge mortars than the official lake display. Lots of family and friends and lots of fun.




Fourth of July pictures on Facebook


Next stop Maui. I can hardly believe it. Jami found us an unbelievable steal on plane tickets, and I found us a good but cheap hotel. Next thing we knew, we were in paradise.



A great trip with a great friend.




Maui pictures on Facebook


But wait, there's more. Oh yes.

Back at the scene of my first triathlon, I struggled but finished again. All that traveling kind of put a crimp in my training schedule. Not that I'm complaining!



I got my diploma in the mail from KU.



And to cap off my perfect summer, I spent a lot of quality time with my sister and her boys while they were here.





Adrienne and the boys pictures on Facebook

No comments: