Friday, January 02, 2009

2008 in Review

I finally finished the new web site at work.
I voted for the future president of the United States in the primary.
I went to Houston for the TSPRA conference.
I actually attended a K-State athletic event, for the first time in years. We lost, of course.
I went to Wichita for a first-birthday party.
I took Dad and Judith to see the KC Chorale at the Nelson for Easter, where we ran into Jim and Cathy Dunn.
I accidentally bought a huge tray of leftover pasta at the PTA Auction - thank goodness one of the PTA moms bought it from me! I thought I was buying the symphony tickets.
I went to the Lake of the Ozarks for the MOSPRA conference, where I presented on PR Legal Issues for the third or fourth year in a row.
I went to Oklahoma for the OKSPRA conference, which was memorable on many levels. Jim and I presented on communication planning.
I started actively training for a triathlon, and discovered muscles I never knew existed.
I applied to be a candidate for NSPRA South Central vice president.
I helped Jami figure out her bus routes to work.
I got rid of some junk I didn't need by splitting a booth with Katy at the City Market Community Yard Sale.
I participated in the Tri 101 training clinics, where I learned that not all triathletes are hardbodies, which was encouraging. I also learned that I am capable of more than I thought. If not for one of the coaches there, I might not have continued my training.
I got some quality time with Sarah and Gavin.
I attended a GED graduation, where one of the graduates thanked me in her speech.
I helped throw a going-away party for Ron Johnson, my college newspaper instructor.
I volunteered as a Rotarian counselor at RYLA, where I met some great kids.
I went to DC for NSPRA's annual seminar, where I campaigned for office, presented with Jim again and saw some great friends.
I ran the 5K in the KC Bike and Footchase.
I spent some precious time with my nephews.
I gave up on learning the guitar for now because I'm completely over-scheduled, and something had to give.
I completed the Win for KC Women's Triathlon.
I saw Simon, who was in Missouri for a seminar.
I got a real office at work again, after a year in a temporary nook.
I got buzzed by a jet on the roof of my building with Karrin, Brad, CKinn, Malcolm and my neighbors during the airshow.
I ran the Head for the Cure 5K with Krisha.
I completed the Olathe Women's Triathlon in the pouring-down rain. They canceled the bike leg for safety.
I helped Malcolm and his family deal with a crisis that was completely beyond my level of expertise. He is doing really well now.
I ran the KC Zoo Run for the Frogs four-miler with Molly.
I won the election for NSPRA South Central vice president.
I walked the Whisper Walk, a benefit for ovarian cancer. I wore my mom's name on my back, because her cancer was also gynecological.
I started a book club in my building with my neighbor Amanda. We read "Devil in the White City" and "Pillars of the Earth," and we are now reading "Team of Rivals."
I went to the Michelle Obama rally at 18th and Vine.
I toured a bunch of Kansas farms with Jami - what a great day.
I went to the Yarn Harlot's book signing and ended up on her blog.
I went to the Barack Obama rally at the Liberty Memorial.
I started meeting once a week with a group of knitters I met on Ravelry. This is now a highlight of my week.
I got season tickets to the KC Symphony's Pops Series with Marilyn.
I voted for the future president in the general election.
I went to both the KanSPRA conference and the MOSPRA conference, which occurred at the same time.
I went to DC for my first NSPRA board meeting.
I went to Nebraska for the annual family Thanksgiving.
I tried to support Lauren as she threw a big party for Judith, but I didn't do a very good job of being supportive. Sorry, Lauren.
I took an incomplete for this semester's independent study in my master's program, and will now do two semester's worth of work on one semester. My own fault.
I knit a total of six hats, two socks and one bag, and have several other WIPs (works in progress).

1 comment:

NYLady said...

What a great idea for a blog post. Wish I'd thought of its first! It's nice to look back at the year and list what you've done and accomplished.