First, there was the Missouri School Public Relations Association conference, which is a joint event with the Missouri Association of School Administrators (the superintendents' group). I presented with the MASA attorney for the third year in a row on the subject of PR legal issues (open meetings, open records, media releases, etc.). Seems to be a popular session, because they keep having us do it. Susan and David came up from Oklahoma, and the Knaggs came up from Texas, and I have to say that Steve's keynote speech was one of his all-time best - and I've heard it now four times!
Check out the beautiful evidence of spring at the lake (this was taken on the way to the car, as there was not much time for enjoying the beautiful surroundings):
Then, the next week (last week), there was the Oklahoma School Public Relations Association. I presented there with Jim about communication planning, and I came back with a lot of good ideas from other people's presentations.
Those Okies sure know how to have a good time! I really got to know several of them, and I'm so glad I did. They held an OKSPRA Idol karaoke contest, and there was lots of singing and guitar playing late into the nights. On the way back to the airport, Jim and I went to the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial, and I must say that it was an emotional experience. I came back from Oklahoma feeling like I'd been run over by a truck, but it was one of the best professional experiences I've ever had!
Here are Kathleen and David, two of my favorite OKSPRAns, and a couple pictures from the memorial excursion:

1 comment:
I'm so glad you had a good time! I'd love to see you at one of these - totally in your element, rocking it out.
Not that you're not rocking it out when *I* see you, with your knitting needles. I'm just sayin'. :)
Post a Comment