Sunday, July 22, 2007

Arizona with Cindy

My friend Cindy, a fellow MOSPRAn and NSPRAn from St. Louis, went with me after the NSPRA conference to check out the sights in Arizona. The views were just amazing, especially in Oak Creek Canyon, which we saw when we took the scenic route from Sedona to the Grand Canyon. I've decided that my trip to the Grand Canyon was just a sneak preview for my next trip there (someday), because this trip was too short and it was ruined by crowds of loud, rude tourists who seemed to be more interested in yelling into their cell phones than in serenely taking in the majesty of the views in front of them. Sedona, on the other hand, while touristy in town, was spectacular once we got out into the "red rocks." On our way back to Phoenix, we stopped in the old mining town of Jerome, which is now a funky-cool little artsy town with lots of galleries. After the sight-seeing, Cindy was very understanding when I insisted that we had to make an unscheduled stop because I absolutely could not wait until I got home to buy the new Harry Potter book.


Click here to see all my photos from Arizona





No comments: