Sunday, February 25, 2007

TSPRA Time

Went down to Austin for TSPRA and roomed with Kathleen, my dear shopaholic buddy. Poor thing had to put up with how nutty I get when I don't get any time alone, but she was very patient with me.


My only requirement for experiencing Austin was that I wanted to see some live music, and I got my wish - we saw Walt Wilkins at this great little bar (right in the middle of Mardi Gras - woo-hoo!!), and we saw Stephanie Urbina Jones at a private party at Kathleen's aunt's house. Both were hit-it-out-of-the-park amazing. (pix from their web sites)






Barack Obama was there while I was there, but as he wasn't on the agenda, and since I'd already seen him, I made do with the fact that I was only three blocks away from the next POTUS! (pic from barackobama.com's flickr page)


No comments: